Getting Started – Qualifying for a Simple Texas Divorce
Before you can apply and get started on your Simple Texas Divorce, please be aware of the following requirements for filing in Texas.
- Either you or your spouse must have lived in Texas for at least six months. As long as one spouse still lives in Texas, you can file your divorce in Texas.
- You must have lived in your county for 90 days before you can file in that county. For example, if you and your spouse lived in Collin County and you have moved to Denton County, you can only file in Denton County if you have resided there for 90 days (three months).
Now to qualify for a divorce with our Simple Texas Divorce program, you must also meet the following requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, please contact the Simple Texas Divorce attorneys to find out how they can help you make your divorce as quick and simple as possible.
- Your spouse must agree to waive service of citation. If not, then he or she will have to be served with process, which disqualifies your case for a Simple Texas Divorce.
- You must be able to locate your spouse. If not, then your spouse cannot agree to a Waiver of Service, which again, disqualifies you from this program.
- Both you and your spouse must want a divorce. While Texas allows for one spouse to file a divorce despite the wishes of the other, it makes for a more complicated process.
- You and your spouse must agree or be willing to agree on division of property, child visitation, and child support. Disagreement lengthens the process and no longer makes it simple and quick.
Believe you qualify? Please start your application process with our Simple Texas Divorce Questionnaire.
Simple Texas Divorce is a family and divorce law firm offering a flat-fee program for uncontested divorces in the State of Texas. We offer legal representation for individuals residing in Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant Counties. We also offer pro se divorce drafting assistance throughout the state. Our principal office is located in Denton, Texas. We are unable to represent individuals outside the State of Texas.
The Simple Texas Divorce site is owned by Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers and is responsible for the website’s content. Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers’ principal office is located at 2220 San Jacinto Blvd., Suite 230, Denton, Texas. Whether or not your case qualifies for a Simple Texas Divorce will be solely determined by Coker, Robb & Cannon, Family Lawyers.