Pro Se Divorce in Texas
The Do-It-Yourself Divorce Option
Do you want to get a divorce without a lawyer? Are you hoping to get an affordable divorce without having to go to court? If you do not want or need an attorney to represent you in court or in any meetings with your spouse, then you can find assistance for a variety of divorce scenarios through a pro se divorce.
What Is Pro Se Divorce?
"Pro se" is Latin for "in one's own behalf." In a pro se divorce, you represent yourself rather than hire a lawyer as your representative. Pro se divorce is only recommended if your divorce is uncontested and does not involve any complex issues involving marital assets or children.
Our Pro Se Divorce Packages:
- Minimal Assets with no children – $400* – Just as it sounds, this do-it-yourself divorce plan is for spouses who have no biological or adopted children and own no property. This is one of the simplest of all plans and by far the least expensive. We will draft for you all of the required divorce forms: the divorce petition, waiver of service, and the final decree. You will also receive instructions for how to initially file your divorce and prove it up before the Court.
- Assets with no children – $750* – Now, if you do own property, your divorce will require a little more time and effort, but you still can have a Pro Se divorce. The plan includes all necessary divorce forms drafted by an attorney: the divorce petition, waiver of service, and the final decree. You will also receive instructions for how to initially file your divorce and prove it up before the Court.
- Standard Possession Custody Agreement regardless of assets – $1,000* – We will draft an appropriate standard possession custody agreement based on where each parent lives.
- Custom Possession Custody Agreement regardless of property ownership – $1,750* – If you prefer to have a more customized visitation schedule than the standard custody agreement set up by Texas, then you need to look into this plan. This one will take a little more work; but if you and your spouse agree on everything regarding visitation, it should not take longer than a standard possession custody agreement.
Additional services on an as-needed basis include:
- Qualified Domestic Relations Order – $700*
- Complex Property Division – $200*
- Special Warranty Deed – $125*
- Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption – $125*
- Power of Attorney to Transfer Motor Vehicle – $75*
*Please note that none of these plans include the Court filing fees in the price. Additional filing fees may be required.